Thursday, September 07, 2006

1st Day of School

We sort of eased our way into school this morning. I could tell Daniel was anxious about the whole school thing because he kept asking questions about it, like who was his teacher again and is James going to be going to the same school, where will I be during the time he is in school, When is Mommy coming home? So finally I took out some of the things they had made during summer school (from July) and talked about what their day was like, the friends they had met and how much fun they had. James just enjoys going and he knows everyone so I wasn’t worried about him.

Daniel learned how to spit in Kazakhstan. It seems everyone spits when they get out of the car, so that is what Daniel does now. Every time we get out of the car he needs to spit on the ground. It is very aggravating but I seem to be working on so many other social skills like keeping clothes on in public, not hitting each other, not saying “###” every time they are frustrated and or throwing themselves on the ground (even if it is raining and muddy) that I don’t think I can tackle the spitting issue right now. Sorry, I just needed to talk about it.

School went well today, I was surprised that there were so few students. In James class there were 5 students and 2 teachers, one assistant and Daniels class had only 4 students and 2 teachers. Maybe other kids will be showing up later, but they are nice classrooms, they were just built over the summer. Jeanine came back from her trip early and surprised Daniel and James when she was there to pick them up from school. James greeted her with a big smile and hugs. Daniel burst into tears and gave her a big hug. The teachers said they had a good first day. I forgot my camera when I dropped them off so I got pictures of them when we picked them up, which turned out to be a little difficult.


Looks like I will be traveling on September 23rd and returning on the 30th according to our agency. So I will be applying for my visa next week, booking my airline tickets and deciding what hotel to stay at.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys we love your Blog, We have a beautiful son who we adopted from karaganda in 2002 (now age 5) and we adopted for our second time from China ( a little girl who is 8 months old) about 6 months ago. I have to tell you it was the best thing we ever did but you should try to get away, just the two of you, for a mini vacation before you bring the little one home because you will be tied down for awhile, especially after traveling with your twin 3 year olds. It will do you whole family good. Do you have family in the area who can help?

Good luck, keep us updated.
Spencer and Susan
Colorado

The Pippitts said...

Well, we would love to get away, unfortunately most of our extended family lives out of state and the family we have close by cant help us out, so we really don’t have a support system. We really envy those who do.