Friday, August 04, 2006

A Day with Elana

We all got up about 3:30 this morning. We just cant seem to get on schedule, by 4:00 pm we are exhausted and can only last till 7:00 or 8:00 pm sleep for 6 to 7 hours and then we are wide awake in the middle of the night again. So we read books and sang, this morning until Bauzhon came to pick us up at 9:40am. I just hope the walls are thick enough not to wake the neighbors.
Rebecca’s cough seems to be better. Jeanine now goes into Rebecca’s room and changes her and brings her into the play room. She has a big smile when she sees us (especially Daniel). Daniel has been so protective of her and spends a good part of the 2 hours sitting next to her.
James just wants to leave and go to the park, he will spend maybe 3 minutes with her and then he is done. She barely cries at all and is exhausted after the 2 hours are done. We stayed inside with her today because it was so windy outside. I took a walk with James and took some nice pictures of where Rebecca lives. I will try to post some of them later on.

After our visit we spent the afternoon at the park. Jeanine tried out the trampolines and had a blast, she was doing forward and back flips. Daniel cried the whole time because he thought she would fall off. James wanted to take a ride on “The Sun Flower” which is a ride that spins and goes up and Down. I was a little hesitant at first but caved in. He really had fun and we did it a second time. Daniel wasn’t much interested in doing anything on his own, he was feeling a little insecure so we hung out together.




Jeanine and Elana on our way to the park, making plans to go to Karaganda next week. I think it is a 3 hour drive.

Note: I noticed that Comments were restricted to "Members only" (by default). I changed this setting and now anyone can comment if they like, I am still learning about this Blog stuff myself.

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

I love the picture of Elana and Jeannine... Astana looks so modern. I can't wait to hear more about it. Send Elana our love!

Hugs,
Anjanette

The Pippitts said...

Hi Anj, Thanks, we will pass it along to Elana...

Jeanine

Diane Mendez said...

I am enjoying your website so much. Thank you for updating so regularly! You are an amazing family and Rebecca is so lucky to be joining!